14 de julio de 2008

[[ARTICLES]] Selma Blair's music dream

Actress Selma Blair poses for photographers during the premiere of the movie "Hellboy II The Golden Army" in Los Angeles, California, June 28, 2008. [Agencies]

Selma Blair never wanted to be a Hollywood actress. The 'Hellboy II: The Golden Army' star - who is known for playing moody characters - was never interested in making it in the movie industry and would have preferred to star in music videos.

Selma, 36, told Los Angeles Confidential magazine: "I wanted to be the cheesy pretty girl in a video. I wanted to be the air-brushed girl, like in an Aerosmith video. Glamorous, sweet, pretty, sexy.

Everything I'm not seen as!" Selma also revealed she is similar to her characters in real life, and wonders how her co-stars manage to put up with her mood swings. She added: "My characters are not the smiliest girls in the world. Liz in 'Hellboy' is no different.

She is definitely not smiley. You see her break a smile like once, maybe. She also nags quite a lot. But that is something that also comes naturally to me. I do not have to act those parts."

However, Selma is set to continue playing difficult characters, as she has just signed up to play the self-absorbed, spoiled daughter of Molly Shannon in the US version of Australian TV sitcom 'Kath and Kim'.

Selma explained her move into TV saying: "I was in Budapest for six months shooting 'Hellboy II'. My life seemed really fragmented. I wanted to stay in one place longer. So I thought it might be nice to do a TV show." 'Hellboy II: The Golden Army' opens in cinemas from August.