28 de abril de 2010

[[APARICIONES PUBLICAS]] For Selma Blair, the jury's in


Do film festival jurors act like their courtroom counterparts?

"Yes, we deliberate. There is a real deliberation process," actress Selma Blair, a juror at this year's Tribeca Film Festival, tells USA TODAY's Donna Freydkin.

Blair posed with Abbie Cornish and Kristen Bell at Chanel's annual Tribeca Film Festival dinner Wednesday night, honoring artists including Yoko Ono and Spencer Platt (not Pratt).

Blair's favorite film so far? Ed Burns' latest offering. "I loved Eddie's Nice Guy Johnny. It was refreshing to see a comedy," she says. As for Chanel, Blair said she wears the brand "all the time. I am a fan of the quilted bags and I do have my most favorite Chanel bag. I haven't worn it yet -- it's too perfect. So, maybe if I ever get married again I'll wear that as my bouquet," she said with a laugh, a reference to her short-lived marriage to musician/actor Ahmet Zappa.

Bell, meanwhile, gave the film fest a shoutout. "I think having something that's here in New York, where some of the grittiest filmmakers started their careers, is really nice -- to celebrate amongst the people that sort of started it."


link