16 de enero de 2008

[[INTERVIEW]] Selma Blair's weight Hell

Selma Blair is on a strict diet after gaining 20 pounds while shooting her new movie.

The actress, who filmed 'Hellboy II: The Golden Army' in Hungary, resorted to eating comfort food to combat the cold weather and ended up looking like a "puffer fish".

She said: "I really binged on food in Budapest. It was so cold and we were shooting nights. The director says that in one half of the film I look boney and in the other half like a puffer fish. It's the most unprofessional thing I have ever done on a movie.

"So I gained 20 pounds and now I have to work out - and diet!"

Selma also insists she is proud of her "quirky" movie roles and has no desire to star in romantic comedies.

She said: "I get cast in character roles because I don't look like a leading lady. Maybe in Europe I'd be like Samantha Morton or Charlotte Gainsbourg. But I didn't choose my quirky career - it chose me.

"I don't have the face to constantly radiate leading lady energy. There is only one Reese Witherspoon and there is only one Julia Roberts. I don't fit into that mould. And do you know what else? I don't want to."